Monday, December 26, 2011

So, Ive spent the last couple of days making the most of Sharron's (Tom's mum) vintage Jenome sewing machine.  It's been SO nice to sew again after a good 4 month break from sewing what with work and packing up all my stuff and moving out of the studio.
Thought I would keep you guys up to date with the creations and put some photos up here of what Ive been making!
I made Sharron a copy of one of her favourite dresses as a christmas prezzie, it was made out of white cotton with really cool pockets and mix/matched red beads, I havnt got a photo of this one yet but will get onto that.  It was pretty hard to take a copy of it, as it has lots of darts in it, but i managed and it looks really lovely on.
I also made Tom a waistcoat for christmas with a thick cotton linen mix and a purple lining, pics to follow.
Today (boxing day) I made myself a really pretty dress from a vintage pattern i customised a while back.  Ive made the pattern a few times as tops and dresses and its really flattering.  Today I used some beautiful hand blocked cotton Tom and I bought in Fitzroy, Melbourne when we were looking for waistcoat material for him.
Here it is!

The fabric is dusty pinky colour with black paisley/indian block print on it.  I cut the fabric so it looks like it has a waistband but its actually just the print of the fabric....pretty cool though huh!
Well, hope you guys all had a lovely xmas, you englishies will be waking up to boxing day now, and lots of turkey sandwiches!!! hehe. xxx

2 comments:

  1. No turkey to be seen here all year! No thank you! Chorizo sausages and more xmas pud for brekkie this morning! Hope you are enjoying a good sleep by now and looking forward to the day after Boxing Day ... which should defo have it's own name, don't you think?
    Lovely sewing. Gonna get a machine soon?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work, sweetheart...you are one clever girl. Speak soon, Dad xx

    ReplyDelete