Monday, January 2, 2012

Haaaappy new year everyone!  Just back in the city now after a couple of chilled out days celebrating new year in Ruffy where there was a big gathering of homeschooling family and friends celebrating new year together.  (ma you would have been in your element!)  It was a nice chilled one, supping cold mojitos made by master cocktail man master Batt, and lounging around in the greeny leafy shade.  Still cant get over how gorgeous the garden is in Ruffy!
So back to the city, and back to work again! I had 3 days of work last week, at Holly Hocks in Port Melbourne which were seriously long days and really hard work, but the people are all pretty cool and ive got the best views in town as I slog on through so cant be that bad ;-) Here are a couple of photos I took last week.
 I took this picture waiting for my trial shift from the peir next to the restaurant... you can see the restaurant in the top left.
And this is a picture from the bar! Im doing a mix of barwork and waitressing.  And definately prefer the bar, forgot just how full on waitressing is on your feet! Especially when its nearlly 40 degrees! But hey $15 an hour cash in hand and fed so cant complain.
So Ive got another day on my own in the city, Tom stayed on at his parents in Ruffy for another day or so to rest up his poorly foot and get some paperwork done...i'm making my way through the series Game of Thrones, whilst trying not to die of heat exhaustion (its still SO hot and its midnight!!!), and I think I may well spend my day off tomorrow on the beach, maybe head down to st Kilda and chill there for a bit.
Until then,
Much love to you all, hope you all had an AWESOME start to 2012!!! xxxx bexi

No comments:

Post a Comment