Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hey Peeps =)
Well I managed 10days in India without belly getting the better of me, i count my blessings.  Im living on a cocktail of random herbal remedies that random travellers keep on giving me- from coconut husk which turns to jelly in your stomach and flushes out impruties (called Satisubgol in Goan), to natural antiparasite capsules from Amsterdam, and herbal tea from Israel... as well as the usual troweling through the numerous homeopathic remedies i have with me.  Im afraid to say that so far, Ibuprofen wins hands down.  I feel my hippie mumma cringing ;-)
So Ive been taking it nice and easy...my body seems not to want me to be in the sun so ive been spending lots of time helping out and going to meetings at the Balanced View centre ive been doing workshops in.  I spent last night at the Teepee village that my new friend Leah is staying at...Its a beautiful place, and if i end up spending next season in goa id love to live there.  Its about 20mins walk from town along the beach and is a bit of a closed community run by an excentric old hippie lady who's smoked a little bit too much Charis in her day and popped a few too many pills =P Lovely lady though and great fun to spent time there.  She has 2 MASSIVE pigs that just wander around the teepees, about 4dogs and a new born puppy who i have been looking after while leah is doing her workshop- SOOOO cute! Jenni, you would have been in puppy heaven.  Its one month old, eats a diet of puppy biscuits, rice and dahl, and falls asleep across your belly getting his nose as close to your armpit as he can manage.  We've been thinking of lots of different names, none of which he seems too chuffed about =)
So i start my next workshop tomorrow, a 4 day workshop at the Balanced View Centre, which finishes on Saturday, and then Im heading off into the sunset....for a joyous 18hr 'Sleeper' bus (irony in words!) to Chennai and then a local 7hr train to Pondicherry, to get to Sadhana Forest just outside of the city.  Looking forward to truly getting stuck into India....Goa is getting a bit too easy for my liking now, haha. And DEFINITELY too expensive.  Im spending almost double what i intended so looking forward to volunteering and easing off the ol'bank account a bit! Ive bought nearlly all of my pressi's and going to post them back before I leave Arambol.  Lots of pretties for my pretties =)
So yeh, Ive collected a couple of nice blokies who are gonna travel with me to Sadhana...a swedish bloke called Hampus and also an english guy called Steve who may come too.  Will be nice to have some company and man-protection, though they are both not the most manly of blokes, hehe.
Lots of love and hugs,
Will try to sort out an Indian simmcard soon so I can call you guys cheaply.
Much love and thinking of you all.  Off to eat some dry toast....fun fun fun!
Xxx

1 comment:

  1. oh bexi,
    beach life, ahahahaha it's hard to imagine :P
    i was in bristol this weekend, and missing you and ash really kicked in. i was really near your place and kept thinking, oh i'll pop and say hello!
    but you're in a different world!
    how long are you planning on being in sadhana for?
    i hear it's impossible to leave that place non-vegan, let's see!!
    i'm loving these little glimmers of spice and sunshine, can't wait to hear about your tree planting and massage course :)
    love you so much. with you all the way x x x x x

    ReplyDelete